Image Map

Friday, June 15, 2012

NYC Dreaming





I’ve been daydreaming about New York City recently.



Specifically, visiting NYC at Christmas.



I’ve always wanted to spend Christmas in New York. And let’s face it, Home Alone 2 probably had a lot to do with it.
I have been lucky enough to visit New York City on two occasions.




The first time I went, I was in college, and I went with Jo. The main thing I remember about that trip was Jo getting yelled at by some subway performers for videotaping their breakdance performance.

Normal.




I think we were only in the city for one whole day, but we fit in the obvious NYC attractions: Central Park, Times Square, Carnegie Hall, Battery Park at night (safe, right?), and the Seinfeld deli. It was January, and it was cold, but I remember thinking having a blas.



It was fun, right Jo?






The only downfall to the timing of this trip was that it was about 6 months before I got a digital camera.



Remember those times?



They were dark times.

I went back 4 years later with Julie, who is the best German friend ever! My friend Jenny from DC even hopped on a train to join us for a day.




(Side note, when in NYC, it is important to be very specific when telling a friend to meet you at the “Starbucks on the corner,” because there will most likely be 8 Starbucks on any given corner)






(let it be noted that Julie looks way better after spending a day in the scorching heat than I do. She is also not afraid of heights)

The temperature may have been 98 F with 95% humidity, but that did not stop us from taking in a Broadway show, trying to blend in at a Yankees game, nearly dying of fright at the top of the Empire State Building , taking the ferry to the Statue of Liberty, dreaming at Café Lalo, exploring Chinatown, devouring cannoli in Little Italy, night-walking in SoHo, strolling through Central Park while sipping a gigantic lemonade, and going to H&M as many times as we could.







(let it also be noted that this is my cheesey/talking through my teeth grin. I try not to look this ridiculous on a daily basis)Ummm, yeah. I want to go back.
Who has been to NYC? What areas/locations are a must-see?

5 comments:

  1. Why can I not get the formatting to behave? Blerg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will go with you this Christmas, I love that city during Christmas.. love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sound like a seasoned veteran. What is your favorite thing to do there at Christmas?! Come with! ChristmasNYCChristmasNYC!!!

      Delete