Image Map

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Happy Things

There are a few things that always make me happy. Like, when they happen, I just want to freeze time and soak in the moment.
Well, two of those things happened on the same day for me,
and it was almost too much to handle.

First came the car wash.
It had been a long day. A very long day. It was 10:00 at night (still 105 outside), and I still had to go to the house where I was staying, feed a dog, water a bunch of plants, and respond to some messages. Not the worst thing in the world, but for some reason, I just wanted to collapse on the couch and watch one of my guilty pleasures (read: The Real Housewives of NJ). But as I was pumping gas, I thought, "Duh." (OK, I think that a lot, but this time it was more of a "eureka!" type of duh).
A car wash.
That's what I/my car needed.

Aren't they just the best? They're so refreshing.

OK, so after I left the car wash and was pleasantly singing along to the radio with my new found zest for the evening, I remembered that I still had to bake cookies for something that was taking place the next day.
I love baking cookies, but I still just wanted to collapse on a couch and watch The Real Housewives of NJ. (I know, I know. Feel free to judge. I know it's ridiculous)

I finally snapped out of my inner pity party and got down to business.
This might sound really stupid, but I love the form of packed brown sugar. It always just looks happy, and it means that wonderful things are being created.
Also, when you get to smash it up, well, that's fun, too.

Like I said, it might sound really stupid, but it's a small joys.

What are your small joys?

2 comments:

  1. Car washes are amazing. And I have always loved that packed brown sugar, too. There is just something about it. I really enjoy cooking after work, most days, anyway. I find it therapeutic! And of course, every time I'm pouring coffee, my heart sings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennnyyyyy. Why don't we live closer? I want to bake and drink coffee with you!

      Delete